When buying a prom dress, get inspiration from what you see from magazines, red carpet events, and stores so you will know the most sought-after styles. Begin your search by browsing pages of reputable boutique websites and flip through magazines to know the dress you are attracted to. To know what you are looking for, visit shops. Keep in mind that your idea of the best prom dress may not be as suitable for you as another style. When it comes to prom dresses, avoid limiting yourself.
Determine the Dress Length
Long gowns and below the knee lengths are timeless. Choose what looks best and don’t care about the hemline. Pick a dress which looks great on you and makes you feel confident and special. But, if you choose a short dress, ensure all the details to keep it prom-worthy by thinking bows, laces, ruffles, and sequins.
Pick the Perfect Dress
When choosing a prom dress, keep the following in mind:
- Pear or hourglass shape. This shape fits nearly all dresses. But, the best prom dress that flatters you most is a strapless dress and a dress that has a shorter hem and cinched waist.
- Fuller figure. Consider an empire waist to provide you with a long lean silhouette.
- Triangle. Choose a longer bodice with full skirts for camouflaging your hip area. Find cap sleeves and cinched waists to make a more balanced look.
- Inverted triangle. Look for a prom dress that has simple necklines without bows or ruffles. To create a balance, wear a fuller skirt.
- Slender. An A-line dress or bubble helm can create curves. Find detail on top to offer an illusion of something more.
Pick the Right Bra
Your choice of bra will make a difference in how your prom dress will fit. If you have a small bust, may not wear a bra if your dress is not sheer or light-colored. If you will be wearing a spaghetti strap or strapless dress, choose a bandeau or strapless bra. Find one that is boning in the cup to give a good support to your breasts. If you wear a halter style dress, you will need to wear a halter bra.
Choose the Right Accessories
A hair extension clip can be added in pieces to make a totally different look. Other accessories you can use include flowered or braided headbands, rhinestone hair clips, strappy metallic heels, and others. These are stuff you can also use when you want to accessorize your homecoming dress.